Library

Library - A MinJoon AU

The first time I saw him, it was raining. It wasn't a great day and I was feeling down from all the workloads I had for school. I was leaning against a bookshelf full of history books, looking for this certain volume I needed to work on my research paper. I was tired and aggravated and a little bit irritated because I spent a whole five minutes looking unsuccessfully for this book.

I resorted to staring at the books in front of me, willing the title I needed to come to me. And that's when I saw someone's lips right through the stack of books directly at me. A pair of full lips, moving like it was saying a series of prayers. I discreetly moved from my initial position to get a better view of the owner of those lips and I saw a blonde guy with glasses, nose tall, and cheeks deepening until a dimple appeared. He was reading the book I was looking for and for some reason unknown to me, my heart began to beat faster.

The stranger was tall and fair with soft oval almond eyes - hooded and sprinkled with tiny lashes. He has a beautiful constellation of beauty marks across his cheeks making me stare at his face more. With a thick neck adorned with a small emerald pendant necklace, I quickly scanned my memories if I already knew this guy from somewhere. He looked familiar, especially when he squints his eyes like that, the concentration from his face obvious.

I was mesmerized as I stood there unmoving. Too dumbstruck to ask him for his name or the book he was holding that I needed, I stayed hidden at my spot until he went away.

I frequented the library after that day hoping I'd bump into the lovely stranger I saw. He was a regular and I soon learned who he was. Kim Namjoon, a graduating psychology student, running for Summa Cumlaude, student body president, the classic beauty and brains. I looked at my qualifications and felt small. Who am I compared to that?

Park Jimin, engineering student, grades barely passing, dance enthusiast, flyer of the university's cheerleading squad. I feel depressed already. How can someone like him notice someone like me? It was pointless to hope but I hoped anyway.

It's been three months since I first saw him yet I still haven't mustered up the courage to introduce myself to him. Going to the library to see him had become a habit and my grades actually improved a little bit.

I've been gathering my wits on what I would say to him when he comes to the library today when I was distracted by someone who settled down beside me. It took me a minute to realize it was him sitting only one chair away from me. I blinked one too many times to make sure I wasn't dreaming. He was there, with his smart glasses and a tucked-in button-down shirt, scanning through his notes as I continued to stare.

He must've felt someone was looking at him because he looked my way and smiled. I felt my neck heating up and I'm pretty sure my ears are red. Those lips going up in a curve, making those adorable dimples visible. It was a sight bright enough to melt me. I mumbled a little "hi" and abruptly looked away to busy myself with the book I had in front of me.

I decided it was now or never. This is my chance to finally make friends with him, to finally talk to him. My heart started hammering. I felt like my chest was going to explode, but I swallowed my nerves, took a deep breath, turned towards Namjoon, and said, "Hello, would you like to have coffee with me?"

Comments

Popular Posts